Praise the Lord, my dad is getting to leave the hospital!
He spent the night at the hospital being monitored for atrial fibrilation and waiting for the doctor to come see him.
We believe it is no coincidence at all that the on-call doctor was one of the experts in cardiac electrophysiology, and are praising God for His provision.
Starting tomorrow the doctor will begin exploring the causes behind my dad's atrial fibrilation and working to find the best treatment plan for it. Dad does not have to go to the hospital for every episode any more, but can expect to have continual bouts of atrial fibrilation for some time. The doctor spent a ton of time talking with my parents, making sure they were educated on atrial fibrilation, explaining it in "engineering" terms (which was awesome for my dad, the mechanical engineer), and assuring them that, while there may not be one permanent fix, that they were in the best hands possible.
One of the best parts about hearing this news today was hearing the relief in my mom's voice. She has been so strong for my dad through the past 6 weeks, but last night was a struggle for her.
So while my dad's physical heart issues are far from being resolved, we trust that his journey is now in the right hands.
And friends, I would be remiss if I didn't say how it fills me with hope to know that, as a believer in the Almighty God, I know that no matter what happens to my physical body-even my physical heart, my soul and my spiritual heart have been saved and healed for eternity by Him!
3 comments:
I'm glad he gets to go home and has some of the best evaluating the situation.
our parents are awesome. our God is awesome.
we're pretty cool, too. HOSPITAL CRAWL TWENTYTEN.
I'm so glad your dad is getting to come home! I will be praying for healing for his physical heart and peace for your mom's (and yours and Lindsay's as well).
Post a Comment