Most of you know that as a pilot, Sean generally works for four days in a row each week, and then is off for three. Maybe you've been wondering what he does with those three days of free time.
He transforms his Transformers.
He admires his handiwork.
He surveys the amazingness which is his Transformer collection.
He thinks about how lucky he is to have a wife who doesn't mind the large battalion of action figures.Now to be fair, I also enjoy my share of frivolity-especially during summer, when I get a big chunk of time off. Here's one example of what I do with my free time.
We bought a king size bed for our anniversary, resulting in the purchase of really large, king-sized sheets. Apparently I decided to be one large, king-sized ghost.
Then the ghost melted.

Then I popped out of the ghost's stomach. Hey, you would look strange too if you had just pretended to be a blue ghost, then melted, then popped out of said ghost's stomach.

Does it concern you that I work with kids? Or does it just explain some things? These are really just rhetorical questions.We may appear strange and peculiar to others, but God knew we were just right for each other.
14 comments:
I love it! That is why you are my pecularly special friend!
(and I think I might even be embarassed to blog about how peculiar M and I are and how God so aptly put us together too--despite me even knowing this side of him when I married him. :) )
Ha! That IS cute. And a little peculiar. :)
Awesome post, Katie! I especially love the photographic genius of progression in each picture. Thanks for the smile today :)
Great post Katie! I especially love the photographic progression in each picture. Totally great. Thanks for the smile today! You two together really do make a great team. :)
You guys are so much fun!
you are ridiculous - and yes, that makes you perfect for each other.
you are so funny. that is why we are friends!!!
I love it Katie! You are my sunshine! :)
Haha...yall are so funny. We miss your peculiarity.
Katie, I totally enjoyed (and got a great laugh) out of this post. Thank you so much for sharing your peculiarities...we all have our own too!
I also wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the comment that you left on my post about the day Jason and I met. That was so sweet and just left me with that "oh my gosh...that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me" feeling. You were too sweet, but I very much appreciate you taking the time to write/type that.
I hope you are doing well. I don't know if you've seen on my blog that we are moving back to the States. We just don't know where yet. We'll be in Houston in September and are really looking forward to it.
this post was amazing. on all counts.
I loved this post!! Y'all are soo fun!
I will admit that, thought I know it is indeed Cray-On, my Texanness still leads me to squish it into 'crown', though with a very flat 'o'. Kuh-RAY-On takes too long to say, and I'm sure it really belongs in Paula Deen's mouth!
I had read this before, but I just have to say, you two are hilarious and I love that you work with kids. The definitely need someone fun to get them to love reading. Anyway, we are all strange in one way or another! Praise the Lord for uniqueness!
Post a Comment